Erik Hacker, LL.M. is a research fellow at the Austrian Institute for International Affairs. He studied political science at the University of Vienna (B.A.) and Law and Politics of International Security (LL.M.) at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. His research interests are:
- Terrorism and Radicalisation
- Right-wing extremism and Jihadism
- Drones in Counter-Terrorism Operations
- International Humanitarian Law
- International Corporate Crime
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree in Law and Politics of International Security at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, 2018-2019. Master thesis: 'US Drone Warfare and Its (Un)Known (Un)Knowns: The Logic of Uncertainty In Targeting'
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in political science at the University of Vienna, with distinction. 2015-2018. Bachelor thesis: 'Cracking the Code of the Islamic State: Weighing in on the debate about the rationality of contemporary terrorism'