Fazal Wahab is currently studying Erasmus Mundus International Master in Security, Intelligence and Strategic Studies awarded by the consortium universities, i.e., University of Glasgow Scotland, Dublin City University Ireland, and University Karlova Czech Republic. Previously he has been awarded a bachelor (honour) degree in Political Science. Prior to join IMSISS, he served as visiting lecturer and researcher assistant in government institutes and International Organisations in Pakistan. His research and expertise focus on conflict & violence, “Violent Extremism and Radicalization that Lead to Terrorism (VERLT)” and counterterrorism policies. During his stay with oiip, he will be working on presence and manifestations of jihadi terrorism in Asian and African countries. His final dissertation is centred on the idea of the “effectiveness of counterterrorism policies” of Pakistan.
- Erasmus Mundus International Master in Security, Intelligence and Strategic Studies from University of Glasgow, Dublin City University, Charles University in Prague, 2019-2021 (in progress).
- Bachelor of Studies in Political Science (Hon) University of Peshawar, Peshawar Pakistan. (2013 – 2018)
- Visiting Lecturer, Government AKL Postgraduate College, Matta Swat Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. (Sep 2018 – Jun 2019)
- Visiting Lecturer, Department of Political Science University of Peshawar, Peshawar Pakistan. (2018 Summer semester)
- Research Assistant, Dr Noreen Naseer, Department of Political Science University of Peshawar, Peshawar Pakistan. (Dec 2017 – Jan 2018)
- Research Intern, International Committee of Red Cross Peshawar, Pakistan. (Aug 2017 – Nov 2017)
- Azim, Syed Wasif, Yaseen Ullah, Wahab Fazal (2021). “Religion, Conflict and Identity: Islam, Pakistani identity and the conflict in Swat” Journal of Peace, Development and Communication, vol. Volume 5, no. Issue 1, 2021,
pp. 416-427, https://doi.org/10.36968/JPDC-V05-I01-35
- “Tribal Districts of Pakistan – A Safe Haven for Terrorists or Misused piece of Land?” publication by publication The Security Distillery Oct 2020. Link
- Wahab, Fazal, et al.(2020). “The Testimony of Traumatic and Violent Conflict: Pukhtu Poetry in Swat in Retrospect.” Journal of Peace, Development and Communication, vol. 04, no. 02, 2020, pp. 16–42, https://doi.org/10.36968/JPDC- V04-I02-02.
- “Pakistan Needs a National Security Strategy” published by publication Atlas Institute International Affairs House July 2020. Link
- To What Extent has the UN Failed in its Core Mission “To Save the Succeeding Generations from the Scourge of War”? published by publication Atlas Institute International Affairs House July 2020. Link