This was the Women in Peace & Security Roundtable
Women in Peace & Security Roundtable
September 23, 2020
This autumn marks the 20th anniversary since the UN Security Council unanimously adopted Resolution 1325 on Women, Peace and Security (WPS). A huge milestone, it finally promised mainstream attention to women’s perspectives on and experiences of war, peace and security which women’s rights activists had been pursuing for over a century.
This momentous anniversary was celebrated with a roundtable of key experts and practitioners discussing the WPS agenda’s past, present and potential futures.
– Soumita Basu, Assistant Professor of International Relations at the South Asian University, New Delhi
– Amanda Chisholm, Senior Lecturer researching and teaching on gender and security across both War Studies and Defence Studies
– Dr Andrea Ellner, Lecturer in the Defence Studies Department, King’s College, London
– Jamie J. Hagen, Lecturer in international relations at Queen’s University Belfast
– Dr Aiko Holvikivi, Research Officer at the LSE Centre for Women, Peace and Security
– Cynthia Petrigh, International expert in support to societies in transition
– Swarna Rajagopalan, Political scientist and founding member of the Women’s Regional Network
– Saskia Stachowitsch, Professor of International Politics at the University of Vienna